Monday 15 August 2011

Saturday, August 13, & Sunday, August 14, 2011 Estevan, Canada

Note:  If some boxes have no picture but there is a red x in the corner, you can right click on the "x" and open the link - top line. Sorry, I don't know what is happening with the blog sight.

Oh boy, we are finally here in Estevan to see our special friends Susie and Ray.  She is one of my dearest friends I met in Mesa.  We are also tennis buddies.  I try to keep up w/her but she is one tough player and gives me a run for my money.  Ray will be our coach this coming year and talk about tough - heaven help me.  He really thinks I should know what I'm doing by now - sorry Ray!!!










They were anxiously waiting for us as we were to see them.  I was just about out of the RV before Bruce stopped.  We always have so much fun together.  Hugs and more Hugs.  They directed us to the campground and to their house where we talked and talked, had dinner, drinks and played cards.  Of course, us girls beat the boys.







Ray showed us his technique in getting in shape for tennis.  Thank goodness I don't have to do it as I'd be on the ground in no time at all.









They have a huge, beautiful house that Susie is showing off w/Haley her little Granddaughter and a cutie she is for sure.





















This is the backyard w/tons of beautiful flowers everywhere.  They really did a nice job as you can see below.
 Posted by PicasaSunday, we met them at church and helped serve a brunch that Susie had planned.  Her entire family was there to help out.  They really did a nice job and had a very good attendance.
Afterwards, we went and played some tennis - more like hit the ball across the net (sometimes).  I haven't even held a racquet since April so I was really out of shape. 
Her Sister, Anita and husband came over for dinner and we shared some Fresh Halibut that we actually caught while in Alaska.  Had a fun time.  We then all played cards til late.  Of course, the girls won again.  A lot of laughs for sure, but they have to go to work in the morning so off we go - still laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment